We each took 1/2 day off work, packed the car and began our trip up north. Upon arrival, I was thrilled that the town was even more of a tourist trap that I had remembered. Souvenir stores, restaurants, horse drawn carriages, crafts, coffee shops, themed plantings (FLOWER BED!!!!), photo ops and candy stores were plentiful and lining Main Street. If you know me, you know that this is totally up my alley.
How did we know that we were in fact, away for the weekend? Well, when we walked down the street and saw this sign:
Nick and I have decided that we are not "away" or on vacation until we see the telltale sign offering its sugarey goodness to us as sustenance after traveling, window shopping, photographing and money spending. Sometimes this gets a little dangerous. Normally we keep the purchases in check, except for that one time that Nick let me go into the Russel Stover store, unattended, during a sale. For this trip, we started with a slice of chocolate peanut butter, which set the tone for a wonderful weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment