Very Important Background Info.

Monday, March 7, 2011

There is a chandelier in my closet

Yes, a chandelier.  Why?  Because I wanted to put one in the bathroom but Nick claimed that he couldn't wire it, but said that I could get one for the closet instead.  He was lying about not being able to wire it for the bathroom, of course.  Since he doesn't ask for much, and if he doesn't want a chandelier (or two) in the bathroom, then who am I to demand otherwise? (Mom, Dad, if you're reading this...stop laughing)

So last weekend, I went to IKEA with my parents, essentially unsupervised, and found the chandelier of my dreams.  My mom and I saw it from across the room, a vision of gaudiness.  It was perfect.  Beads, bling, and bobbles EVERYWHERE in multiple colors.

Fast forward to this weekend, when Nick had to install it.  Turns out, it was a little bit too long for the space, which was upsetting.  However,  Mr. I Can't Wire the Chandelier for the Bathroom ended up cutting the cord, shortening it, changing the hangy thing and making it work for the space.  Hmmm.  Amazing how things like that work, right?  Right.