
Nick and I just returned from our long anticipated vacation. During the week, we celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary (on November 4th). Even as I type it, I can't believe that we've been married for two years. I don't want to say that it seems like forever, even though it does...it just seems like yesterday that we had the conversation about him NOT taking this relationship seriously and then he had the conversation that ended in "Will you marry me?".

My time with him has been and continues to be the best times of my life. I am so grateful and lucky to have found my soul mate so early on and before either of us got too damaged or jaded by life in general. I need to be careful when I use the word 'lucky'. I do believe that luck or fate brought us together, but we were handed the responsibility to make this work. We work hard at keeping the lines of communication open and at truly listening and understanding one another. We've had some ups and downs, but the ups are high enough and make the downs not quite so low. The most important part is that we fight for each other, make time to laugh and take time for the important stuff, like photo opportunities with Monica Lewinsky.

2 comments:
Congrats on two years! Your marriage is definitely an inspiration. Glad you had so much fun!
Looks like you guys had so much fun! Thank you for sharing your anniversary story with us, it makes me really look forward to mine someday. Congratulations on your two years, and here's to many, many more!
Post a Comment