Very Important Background Info.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun

This is Chino's birthday week. Yes, we celebrate his birthday.  Are you surprised?  If you're a regular reader of this blog, I'm sure that you're not.  If you're new, let me catch you up.  I'm a psycho-dog mom and my husband humors me. The end.

So my puppy is turning 4 on Sunday.  Yes, 4!  I can't believe it either.  To celebrate, I want to take a stroll down memory lane and revisit the the best and dumbest decision that we ever made.

This is my favorite picture of 8 week old baby Chino.  He is the free puppy that I convinced Nick that we should go and "look at".  He is who shushed Nick's nagging voice of reason.  He is the little furball that was already named (Full name:  Neato PaChino, Cap, Frap and Al Pa) before we met him.  He is who cried and screamed for almost 24 hours and who we almost returned.  He is single-handedly (pawedly?) responsible for shattering our perception that puppies were little bundles of rainbows and sunshine.  It sounds corny, but this is what I still see when I look at him, even when he's taking up 1/2 the bed or when he almost takes out my kneecaps during a crazy running fit.

No comments: