Before I tell you about Innsbruck, I need to share some pictures of one of the most beautiful places that I've ever seen. There's not much to tell because it was simply a small scenic overlook, somewhere in Austria, on the way to Innsbruck, but the views were indescribable. It was another surreal experience to add to the list from the trip: Standing in the middle of the Austrian Alps, looking up at the mountains and down on a lake.
Innsbruck was basically a rest stop on our way to Italy, and was a pretty quick stop on the trip. We got a brief history of the town from our tour manager, which you can read here and then we went to explore the town. We saw the Golden Roof, visited the Swarovski store and sampled one of Mozart's Balls (eeew). As we were walking down the street, we kept turning around to look at the mountains, because the view of the town with the mountains in the background never got old.






No comments:
Post a Comment