I was selected to take part in Influenster's Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox. One of the products that I received to test was the Colgate Optic White System. This system included a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash. I was pretty excited to get a new toothbrush. It has "whitening cups" and "polishing bristles," which are supposed to help hold the toothpaste and keep it in your mouth and on your teeth. The back of the brush also had a texture added that you could use to scrape your tongue, which also helps to freshen breath.
I was a little hesitant to try to the toothpaste because I have always been a loyal Crest user, but in the spirit of trying new things, I decided to give it a whirl. The toothpaste foamed up in my mouth more than what I was expecting. It has a great taste, so I didn't really mind. The extra foam felt a little soapy at first, but after I got used to it, it felt like it was able to get in between my teeth and into all of the little nooks and crannies.
I'm not a huge fan of mouthwash, so I let Nick test that out. I just asked him what he thought and he said that he liked it, even though it was a little "stingy." I assume this means that its less painful than Listerine, because he continued to use it.
It was hard to tell if I got the whitening results that the product promised. I should have taken a before and after photo. I did feel like the products did a great job cleaning my teeth and freshening my breath. As a loyal Crest user, I feel like Colgate's Optic White toothpaste will be finding a place in my shopping cart very soon, as long as I have a coupon, of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment