Very Important Background Info.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Tiny Humans are Portable: Part 4

Now that you have all of the background information, its time to get to the vacation prep itself. You know, the important stuff like, what did I pack, what did I need, what did I end up buying? I'll tell you this, for me, packing and prep is part of the fun of the vacation. Usually though, I only have to worry about myself and maybe Nick, but this time, I got to pack and prep for a whole other person! I was thrilled. In the months (yes, seriously) leading up to vacation, I ran through various scenarios in my head to try to determine what should be packed and where. I pestered Nick with a SWOT analaysis of which stroller we should take and how many varieties of snacks would be optimal for our trip. Here's where I landed, knowing that we had a washer/dryer for quick clean ups:

B's Packing List:
  • 7 outfits (one for each day)
  • Swim diapers - one pack
  • 3-4 bathing suits (this was overkill, but they were cute and I couldn't stop buying them)
  • Sunscreen (lotion and spray)
  • Sandals
  • Tennis shoes
  • Socks
  • Onesies
  • Two bedsheets
  • 4 bedtime blankets
  • Nail clippers
  • Shampoo/body wash
  • Sand toys (these were readily available to buy in Aruba, but I found some for $0.50 here)
  • 4 sippie cups
  • Books
  • Toys (that didn't make noise or that had an off button)
  • Snacks
    • Puffs
    • Raisins
    • Teddy Grahams
    • Yogurt Melts
    • Cheese-its (B looses his mind over these)
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Diaper cream
  • Mini First Aid Kit
  • Baby Tylenol + dosing chart
  • Umbrella stroller - we have the Joovy Groove and LOVED it. 

B's Diaper Bag/Airplane Packing List (these are from the list above, not in addition):
  • 2 outfits (plus the one he was wearing)
  • Diapers (I read a guideline that recommended 1/hour your were traveling, which was overkill, but I was happy to be prepared)
  • Wipes
  • 2 sippie cups (one for milk, one for water)
  • 2 blankets
  • Books/quiet toys
  • Snacks (see above)
  • Diaper cream/wipes
  • Shoes/socks
  • Umbrella stroller
  • iPad
For the plane, we packed up his diaper bag and our carry-on. I also loaded my iPad up with apps. His favorite is the Giggle Gang, which is apparently JUST as funny without sound. More on that in my post about the actual trip itself.

No comments: