Every day, I learn a little bit more about what it means to be a mom to my two legger and to my four legger. Some days, the lessons are more intense than others. Last night, Baby B put us through the wringer. I'm still not all the way sure what happened, but the more I learn, the more I realize that I probably won't know and that's all part of being his mom.
Last night, being a mom...
...meant that I was a detective, trying to figure out why my son went from happy and giggling, to sleeping soundly, to screaming hysterically...ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
...meant that my sleep was in a chair and on the couch, since Baby B fell asleep first on me and then in his swing (there was no way I was risking a move to his crib).
...meant that my heart melted when Chino got up with us to see what all of the fuss was about, even though the crappy weather and new routine were cutting into his walk and playtime.
...meant that the smiles we saw this morning made it all ok.
...meant that I went to work without any sleep and will do it all again if I need to.
1 comment:
oh man I remember the first time Caroline got sick. It was like that. I had to discover that it was an ear infection and because of that it was painful to lay flat. She just wanted to be upright and sleep. Here's hoping you don't have another sleepless night!!!
Post a Comment