Very Important Background Info.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pooping in public

I'm a recovering "non-public pooper", I think I'm on step 6 of 12 of being fully comfortable.  Nick thinks that this whole thing is completely ridiculous, but this is coming from someone who can do it in a porta-potty, like its normal to go in a hole after other people did.  He doesn't understand the standards that a facility other than home has to reach before its deemed acceptable.  He also has no concept of the severity of the emergency that would make me overlook sub-par standards.  I didn't realize that it wasn't just me with these particular issues until I entered the workforce and saw the lengths that women will go to in order to maintain privacy while taking care of business (if you know what I'm sayin').  

Really, this isn't one of my most favorite subjects to talk about, but what spurred the blog post was when I was in the restroom this afternoon with a co-worker, on our way out to run an errand.  We walked in and she immediately crinkled her nose, for reason that hit my own nose shortly after.  We went in, did out business, washed and dried our hands and proceeded to leave the restroom.  All the while, the reason for the nose crinkling was still in the bathroom, doing her best not to make a sound.  We knew she was in there, because one of the stall doors was closed and you could clearly see very pretty painted toes.  It wasn't like I was bent over or anything, it was just clearly visible in the mirror while I was washing my hands.

I just have to ask the question, if you gotta go, why is it so hard to go?  I think it would be quicker and better smelling for everyone if it was as easy as going in, doing your business and then getting out.  No need to hide in the stall, no need to pretend that what you're doing isn't what you're doing because believe me, we know what you're doing, and its O.K.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing so hard right now. FOURTH FLOOR BABY! Too bad you guys no longer have that option. Hahahahahaha

Marci said...

Thank god I don't have pretty painted toenails right now!