Very Important Background Info.

Monday, December 29, 2008

The spoils of a wonderful December

When Nick and I returned home after approximately 4 Christmases (New Lex-twice, Our Christmas and Pittsburgh), this is what our house looked like.  Every available space was covered in one or more of the following:
a.  Christmas presents
b.  Trash
c.  Mail
d.  Dog paraphernalia (toys, treats, hair, etc.)
e.  Christmas decorations
f.  Laundry
g.  Dishes


When we took a step back, all we could do was laugh.  Before we began the massive clean-up, I had to snap a few pictures because the mess was even beyond what Nick and I are normally capable of.  Yes I know - hard to believe but even the two slobs have standards.

The first phase of clean up happened last night, which was mostly general organization, trash and recycling.  Tonight, we begin Phase 2:  putting away (hopefully). Tomorrow is Phase 3: cleaning and tumbleweed removal.  Our incentive:  not subjecting our friends to this disaster area and knowing that drunk people sometimes don't navigate through these types of obstacle courses all that well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least we weren't hungover when having to clean up that mess!!