I'd like to take a second to pay hommage to one of my favorite websites, www.etsy.com. This site is a showcase of homemade and handmade items from all over the world. I stumbled upon it in the style section of my favorite blog, dooce, and it was immediately bookmarked. I tend to visit it, several times a day, just to check some of the items that are featured on the front page. The items rotate throughout the day, so there's always a different theme happening - whether its color, holiday, gift recipient or material. During the holidays, I stumbled upon some feature items from a store called UntamedMenagerie.
After clicking thru Etsy's front page, I found myself enamored with the store. The store is a two woman operation and their work is phenomenal. Specializing in cut acrylic, they craft jewelry with amazing and exquisite detail at an affordable price. The item that I wanted kept selling out so quickly that I asked for a custom listing so that it would be reserved, just for me. One item turned into two and two turned into three because I couldn't turn away from the unique and beautiful designs. I ended up with two pairs of earrings and one necklace. Pictures just don't do any justice to these very unique pieces.



No comments:
Post a Comment