According to the training program, yesterday was a walk/run 3 miles day. Yesterday was also Nick's golf night, so it was up to me to make sure that Mr. Mutt received the proper amount of exercise. When it comes to that, I had several options as a single dog mommy: I could walk him and then go run, run and then go walk or take him with me for a run (this is the LEAST desirable option because Chino doesn't like running since it interferes with his pooping and peeing). Since I got home from work a little late, it became necessary to multitask, despite his very strict poop and pee regiment.
Chino and I headed across the street to the development that's still developing. There's an area that still has cornfields on either side, leading to a dead end, which means that I can let Chino off of his leash here. It also means that I have to essentially run short laps back and forth in order to keep him in that designated area. As I began my back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, in my quest to hit 3 miles, Chino was bumbling around, keeping me in his sight and checking in periodically. I could hear his tags jingling, so I knew he was close, without having to keep my actual eyes on him. After a few laps, he decided to park himself in the middle of my route, rather than venture too far in either direction. As I finished each lap, he'd look at me desperately, waiting to see if that would be the last one. I was grateful for the distraction, even though I know for a fact that he was annoyed and ready to go home. In my head though, I pretended that he was standing at the halfway point, cheering me on.

No comments:
Post a Comment