Very Important Background Info.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

3 miles, heavy legs

On Tuesday, I completed three miles.  I didn't run the whole thing, but I didn't walk the whole thing either, so I'll consider it a win or a +, if you will.  Monday evening, I did two miles, followed by a complete ass kicking by my trainer, Rebecca.  The workout was so intense that about halfway through, I started to dread Tuesday, thinking that I probably wouldn't be able to sit down on the toilet without extreme pain.  When Tuesday morning rolled around, I was kind of proud of myself when I got out of bed, made my way to the bathroom and then sat down, without any grunting or pain.  The day continued and my legs continued to work...until I had to go run that night.  Once I started going, it felt like my legs were weighted down.  It just wasn't happening.  But, I went anyway and at the end, I had "wogged" three more miles.  While I was going, I was thinking about:

  1. I hope that I don't get struck by lightening.  There were some pretty gnarly clouds rolling in and a few times, I saw sideways lightening.  I thought to myself - "seriously!? you're not this hard core" but then I told myself to "shut up and finish".
  2. Even though you're not feeling "it" tonight, just get through it.  That's what I did.  It wasn't pretty, but it was done.  My heart rate was up and I was sweating, so even though I didn't satisfy my mind and do three miles without walking, I gave my body what it needed.
  3. In the overall scheme of your day, this is a blip.  I had to tell myself multiple times that this "wog" only felt like it was going on FOREVER, when in fact it was less than 45 minutes of my day, a blip on the radar, if you will.
Moral of the story:  For me, any run is better than no run.  I'll get to where I want to go eventually - even if I have to walk part of the way.

No comments: