Very Important Background Info.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Two more miles, two more reasons

There were two more miles on last night's schedule and instead of focusing on why I didn't want to change into my running clothes and get out there (which can be attributed to laziness by the way), I once again tried to focus on two more reasons why I wanted to run.  Here they are.
  1. I ran because I had no real reason not to.  Because, really, "I don't want to" isn't a good excuse when it comes to training.  Of course I want to, or I wouldn't have signed up to do the race in the first place.
  2. I ran for how good it makes me feel...especially when I'm done.  During my run, I was fighting the urge to give in to a side stitch, but didn't, because I knew that I would hate myself if I succumbed to the urge to stop and walk.  When I finished, and I felt the sweat pouring down my face, arms and hands (yes, hands!), I knew I gave it everything I could for those two short miles.  There was no second guessing because there was no stopping.
These two miles were two more miles that I put between myself and my tendency to self sabotage and second guess.  For me, running is still as much a mental sport as it is a physical sport, but I think that this latest endeavor finally has me on the right track.

Stats:
Distance:  2 miles
Avg. Pace:  12'53"/mile
Total time:  25:48
Calories:  276

No comments: