Very Important Background Info.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two miles, two reasons

During last night's run, I tried to focus on the positive instead of psyching myself out. Since I was running two miles, I tried to think of two reasons why I was running that night.
  1. I ran because so many people can't.  I am lucky enough to have no physical reason why I can't get out there and hit the trail.  I've silenced my excuses as best I can, so that the only barrier left for me is my mind.  I did my best to silence that with an eclectic mix of Fergie, The Offspring and Lady Gaga as my soundtrack last night.
  2. I ran because I wanted to.  There was no one forcing me to get out there and do it.  Sure, I'll say that I don't want to do it and complain for most of the time, but at the end of the day, there wasnn't anyone holding a gun to my head, telling me to get it done.  I did it for me.  And also for the Nike+ voice that told me that I accomplished two miles and also ran my fastest mile since before 1/2 marathon training last year.  
I think that my Nike+ "voice" needs a name.  He is a male and sounds D. West from Maury Povich - the one who wore sweater vests without anything underneath and would come on the show and drag unruly teenagers off to boot camp.  What shall I call him?

Stats:
Distance:  2 miles
Avg. pace:  12'51"/mile
Time:  25:49
Calories:  278

No comments: