Very Important Background Info.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

While walking down Michigan Avenue

My sister Kristin and I were in Chicago this weekend for Lillapalooza - not Lollapalooza, but I think I want to go to that next year.

On our way back from Navy Pier, we walked by a college student - or so his note said - playing a guitar, trying to earn some extra money.  A few steps later, we passed a homeless person shaking a cup at us, begging for money.

Linda:    At least the college guy was actually trying to EARN his money.
Kristin:  But that bum only had one leg.
Linda:    How does having one leg affect his ability to play the guitar?
Kristin:  Where is a bum with one leg supposed to get a guitar?
Linda:    Good point.  Where do you want to eat dinner?

Now, I didn't give money to either one of them, but I think that given the choice, I would have given some to the guy who was REALLY working the corner and not sitting there, all stinky, waving a cup in my face.  Unless, the bum's mentality was that he'd wave the loud change cup, hoping to get dome dollars to muffle the clank.   
Points to ponder.

No comments: